2007年1月16日星期二

Driving in SH

Quite a few of veteran drivers, i mean, westerners, are not bold enough to drive on the roads of Shanghai, especially when they come to the city for the first time, or sometimes no matter how long they've been here. I guess the city is itself on the way all the time, keeping going, pushing and being pushed. So everyone seems to be in a hurry, not just the taxi drivers. They change lanes or cut lines at your most unexpected moments, usually at a lightyear speed, raising your eyebrows or leaving you dumbfounded. Let alone schools of bicycles intimately going right beside you, trying to push YOU aside.

Yet I am told that competent as Chinese drivers or cyclists are, they will be so dumbfounded by the waves of motorcycles on the road of Vietnam that they may not be able to cross the street to the other side. Whatever, I'm going there to see it by myself; after all, seeing is believing.

1 条评论:

silken 说...

if I come to Shanghai, I will be doing good to walk down the sidewalk or cross the street! seeing will be believing! :)