2007年3月7日星期三

Hunan Cuisine

By the time of the Latern Festival, the 15th day of Chinese New Year (Mar. 4 this year), life has been more or less back to its normal track. I finished my class at 8p.m., as usual, having an impulse to try the small Hunan cuisine restraurant near the school, with a romantic name "The Orchard". Luckily we had a table; sadly the specialty "Spicy Fishhead" was sold out. On a second thought I decided to stay, partly because it's cold outside and I was hungry, and partly because it is a neat, cozy place to eat, as its name has suggested. We ordered preserved pork with mushrooms, spicy beancurd, and spicy and sour Chinese cabbage, big servings. With the spicy juice trickling down the throat to the stomach and with the lips burning with the hot flavor, we felt instantly warm, sipping and chatting over hot tea. Yummy! A nice Latern Festival evening, out with friends, thinking of the "Fishhead" unavailable...

1 条评论:

hifidel 说...

Aiyah! Makes me wish I was there.